It is Spirit of Sport Limited’s duty to maintain safe working conditions and so far as is reasonably practicable the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees. This requires that regard is paid in particular to:
- Adhering to all relevant health & safety legislation, regulation and codes of practice;
- Maintaining a healthy and safe premise and working environment;
- Providing and maintaining safe equipment and systems at work and consider health & safety when procuring equipment, obtaining new services and changing work patterns;
- Ensuring adequate funds and resources to maintain health & safety standards;
- Ensuring that all workers have the necessary experience and capability to carry out the tasks allocated to them;
- Ensuring safety in the use of articles and substances;
- Conducting risk assessment for all staff and special risk assessment for expectant, new mothers and young people;
- Investigating accidents and dangerous occurrences, take any internal action necessary and comply with statutory external reporting duties (RIDDOR);
- Providing such information, training, instruction and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees and visitors;
- Publishing and regularly updating the Company Health & Safety Policy.
The Company is also under a duty to ensure that any people not employed by it are not exposed to risk to their health and safety. This includes visitors to the Company’s premises or the premises of our clients.
The company’s policy covers the following in detail:
- Accident reporting (RIDDOR) and accident investigation and prevention;
- Specific hazards;
- Electrical testing – PAT (Portable Appliance Testing);
- Fire & emergency (including fire safety service and test records);
- Risk assessment;
- Personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Health & safety with regard to new and expectant mothers and young people;
- First aid;
- Drug misuse, alcohol and smoking;
- Use of display screen equipment;
- Posture and manual handling;
- Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH);
- Policies relating to lone and mobile workers;
- Health & safety information and training.
Monitoring and Review
The Company Health and Safety Policy will be continuously monitored and updated, particularly where the scale and nature of operations change or there is a change to legislation.